Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Color Green Does Exist in Florence

So as I promised, I need to keep you updated about my whole weekend because I've been busier lately and keep forgetting that there are people wondering what I did the previous day. The next day....Friday.

It all started off with me and my roommate meeting my friend at Ganzo for lunch. It was quite delicious, as usual. Afterwards, we had to decide where to spend our day. We knew it was going ot be spent outside because it was 65 degrees outside!!! It was the most beautiful day we've had so far. No clouds, no rain, all sun. It was unbelievable. We came to the decision of going to Boboli Gardens in Oltrano, the other side of the river. It's located behind Piti Palace and it's just this huuuge garden area that is full of hils, fountains, statues, flowers, and it just incredibly beautiful. i would HIGHLY recommend this place. You really can't miss it, it's just so beautiful and you forget that you're in Florence while in there because all you see is landscaping. Here's a quick glimpse of it:











And that's not even close to all of it. I was in there for about 3 hours before I left and actually didn't see it all. I've decided though, that I'm going to be in there a lot because it's just so beautiful and it's an amazing place to just sit for hours in the sun and read. Even if it does cost 7 Euro, it's, in my opinion, a view that needs to be seen over and over again.

After we left the gardens we went back to our apartments and I spent my night in because I was so wiped out from walking that day. It was very comforting to just sit in bed and talk to my friends after a long day.

Sorry that this blog isn't much longer but the majority of my day was spent inside the Boboli Gardens and then in my room for the remainder of the night. But it was definitely a day well spent and I'm glad I spent it outdoors in the beautiful weather. Made the day so much more worthwhile. So in a case like this, I think I will post more pictures to show you what the landscaped part of Firenze has to offer:
















Once again Florence, I have fallen in love with you. <3




No comments:

Post a Comment