Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Traveling is fun. I'd prefer warm weather though.

To sum up my day in one word? Brrrrrrrr!!! It all started this morning at 6:30am. I had another 9am class today so I was supposed to be up by 7:15, howevever, as I mentioned before, my apartment doesn't believe in heat; well, it does, but only in thirty minute intervals. I have been very nervous lately about missing my class and not hearing my alarm so I have been waking up really early and not being able to go to sleep. So this morning, I woke up around 6:30, got my computer, sat in bed, and talked to friends from home because it was only a little after midnight back at school. Then I proceded to get dressed and get ready for my only class for the day. The only bright side to this happening was that i was actually dressed and ready to go to my class, which is at the furthest location, on time. I arrived there and sat down in my room.
I was the first one there, then the teacher walked in with about 15 other students. (The pictures to the left are of one of my school buildings. This is where my class was today) Out of all my classes, this was the only one I was not looking forward to. It was Restaurant Management. Don't ask why I took it. It was mostly because I was obliged to. Later on in the class I realized that everyone else in that class had to take it because they had to; so I didn't feel all that bad in the end. I mean come on, who would seriously want to take a Restaurant Management class? For fun!?!? My teacher decided to do my class in two portions, two one-hour segments and a break inbetween mostly so he could smoke. I seriously have never seen so much of one population smoke. It's insane!! Thankfully, after sitting through that looong class, I met up with Brittany and we were going to go to Gonzo, which is the restaurant that we can use our 70 meal voutures at. We got there and it was closed still because we could only go from 12-3pm. So we decided to go to a market nearby called Mercato Sant'Ambrogio. The main difference between here and Mercato Centrale is that there are more options insdie the building and also, they sell like jewelery and older clothing. Everything there being sold is used whereas in Mercato Centrale, everything you buy is brand new. These are some pictures I took from there.


About twenty minutes later, we finished perusing the market and went back towards Gonzo to go to lunch. I could not believe how delicious this food was!!! I had a stuffed pork with some sort of glazed apple on top and it was so stoft and it was enough food to satisfy me for lunch. After, we couldn't decide if we wanted chocolate for dessert or gelato but my friend wanted gelato so we decided to walk through the Piazza e la Signoria, the long way, to get to this famous gelato shop. The Piazza e la Signoria is well known for their statues, but they are fake. Every one of the statues, such as the David, are not the originals here. They are remade for this specific Piazza. Not only that, but one of my favorite designers, Chanel was also located in the Piazza, so I knew I was in love at that moment. Below are some pictures of the "fake" statues. I don't know, but they looked pretty real to me.

After we visited that Piazza, we proceded to Via D'oche to pick up our school books. I think that was the remainder of my expenses relating to school which definitely made me happy. When we went down the street to get gelato, we found out it was closed!!! Oh boy were we unahppy because we didn't want to walk anywhere, so we decided to forget it and go tomorrow! There's always a bright side! :D We then walked all the way to Via Gallo to pick up our other school books and on the way back to our apartment my friend wanted to stop at the San Lorenzo Market so she could buy some scarves and gloves. She was afraid of bargaining so I helped her out and made a deal. After we finished at the market, we stopped at a bakery we knew was around ther eand I bought us a brownie that we could split. It tasted like fudge!!! <3 after a good 7 miles of walking we ended up back at our apartment and I started not to feel well, so i layed in bed and covered myself in my sheets, put on gloves, at hat, and socks and watched Julie & Julia in my bed. It was such a good movie. :) Then I made dinner for me and my roommate. I made string beans and candied walnuts with roasted red pepper bruschetta. It was an experiment but was soooooo good!!! We loved it. I was supposed to go to a Beer Pong Tournament tonight at a bar called the Red Garter however, since I'm sick I had to sit out this one and just watch movies in bed and get better. Hopefully this cold will be gone by tomorrow. One week of Italy already gone :( But so many more good times to go!! Buona Sera!

No comments:

Post a Comment