Monday, February 1, 2010

Angels is Food from Heaven


Because I had spent so much time walking around last week and particpating in all of that orientation work, my roommate and I decided to take it easy yesterday and spend a day inside relaxing. We think we may be jet lagged slightly still because we are always so tired. But yesterday morning, we decided to meet our friend from another school we met a few nights back for breakfast. One person we met recommended Angels because every sunday morning from 12-3, they have an all American Brunch starting at 10 Euros. I didn't think it was possible to get anything close to an American breakfast in Italy but boy I was wrong. This place was UNBELIEVABLE. I got french toast with fresh fruit and this chocolate muffin from the breakfast bar. Everything was made fresh, nothing was store bought and it tasted delicous. :D I paid a lot for it but the meal was totally worth it. If you want an amazing American meal cause you miss home, go to Angels. You won't regret it. For the rest of the day, I stayed in and read and looked at some books and papers I recieved from the school. Around 6pm, I cooked again the same meal as the night before: Sausage, peppers, and onions. I don't know why, but it tastes soooo good and my roommates are very jealous of my culinary capabilities. I don't blame them. :) For dessert though, my friend and I were craving gelato, like ALWAYS! So we went online and looked for a gelato place that was cheaper than 8 Euros. (I think we've learned out lesson). There was a place called Festivale del Gelato. There were a plethora amount of flavors but they were closing and the times were wrong on a website so I grabbed whatever they had left which was almost like a puff pastry filled with chocolate, made into a gelato. It was alright, but i loved the 8 euro one more unfortunately. :( (The 8 Euro gelato is the one in my picture) After we returned back, I got ready for my first day of school which was today, but I will talk about all of my classes once my day is over. Salve!

No comments:

Post a Comment