Saturday, January 30, 2010

It's Raining.......it must be rainy season


Well it's 3am here right now which means if you are in the United States you are reading this at 9pm. So in your case, if you are in the U.S....then Today, was my last day of orientation. This was probably one of the dumbest days of orientation I have ever witnessed. I had to wake up around 8:15am, with all my extra sleeping was 9am, and had to arrive and Tintori, a street in Florence by 10. On the walk over it started raining, so I got to use my new umbrella and was very satisfied. :) See, I don't mind rain usually but in Florence, here's the issue: Rainy season is in January, February, and some of March. I'm here from the end of January until the end of May. That's a lot of rain taking up my time here. I disapprove. Knowing that the weather today was going to be awful, me and my roommate decide that after our orientation, we would go to Mercato Centrale and pick up more groceries. We got there around 11:30 and went to a tent in the back to look at all of the produce and proceded to go inside the main building. I decided that I wanted to cook something other than pasta and salad, and as a college student, I can't afford to go out every single night. We bought a lot, and I spoke more Italian and I was very proud because I feel like I'm getting a little better at it, but not much. I really need to study. After buying, sausage, bread, cheese, nuts, and produce, we left the market and headed back to our apartment. Almost back, we saw that there was a small flea market of some sort right by our apartment which was awesome! There was a booth with all of these breads there and my favorite one was there so I decided to buy more bread and split it with my friend for lunch. When we got back we both took at 3 hour nap and then I made a fresh dinner. While my roommates had salad a pasta (surprise!) I cooked sausage, peppers, and onions and it was DELICOUS! I was very proud of myself and my roommates were jealous. I was supposed to go to bed after that but I met a kid at one of the bars that is here for school too and I decided to go to his apartment to hang out and it was a lot of fun. I ended up there for about three hours. Night well spent. Now I'm extremely tired and heading to an All American Brunch tomorrow which i heard is amazing at a restaurant called Angels. I'm very excited for this and to get some french toast!! Another great night in Firenze!

No comments:

Post a Comment