Sunday, April 11, 2010

Quick sum up, my Easter Weekend in Corfu, Greece = UNBELIEVABLE, MEMORABLE, ABSOLUTELY INSANE!!!!!


Let me just apologize now.....due to the lateness of this blog post, I will post pictures in my next blog. This will only be the description.

It all started last Thursday at around 8:30am. Yes, I missed my favorite class, but it was soooo worth it! We board our amazing double decker bus for a 4 hour bus ride to Ancona, Greece where we had to board a ferry. This ferry was 14 hours long. Everyone on the trip had the option to book a cabin for extra money or just sit in the extra airplane style seating. Tip: Pay the extra money for the cabin!!! This boat, you could say was like a crappy cruise ship. They had places for dinner, dancing, drinking, and more but nothing too extravagant. It was just a way of transportation to get you from Point A to Point B. I got onto the boat and about 3 or 4 hours later, at around 9pm, I fall asleep with all of my roommates around 9:30 and continued to sleep until the next morning when they banged on our door to our cabin and told us to wake up and put on the lights because the boat was docking soon and they needed us out so they could clean our cabins for the next trip.

When we arrived, we had to grab out luggage and carry it down about one mile to a ferry...yes! another mode of transportation, if a cruise and bus ride weren't enough. So we hop on the ferry and the sea and skies were beautiful. The weather was so nice: Warm and 68 degrees. The views on the way over to Corfu were amazing. Everything surrounding me looked fake and I loved it. Finally, almost two hours later, we arrive on Corfu, Greece! The water was crystal clear blue and it was like a dream. There were buses waiting outside of the ferry to pick up all 500+ students that were going to the famous Pink Palace for Easter Weekend. After we sit on a bus ride for 20 or so minutes, we arrive at the infamous, beautiful, most memorable place in the world....PINK PALACE!

Now it's time for me to explain to you the Pink Palace, because I just don't think you understand. The Pink Palace, is the most wonderful place on the planet. You show up and everything is pink. and when I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING!!! Every pool, room, car, pink! The Ouzo shots?? PINK! I'm telling you, when they say Pink Palace...they mean it. Everything at the Pink Palace is out of this world. The shots are 1 Euro, the drinks and beer are 2 euro. They include breakfast, dinner, and lunch is served on the beach. The dinners have three different plates of food for each person. The night club is open every night. There are toga parties, booze cruises, ATVing, kayaking, swimming, private beaches. It's a child's dream resort. And I got to stay there.

So when we first arrive, we got to our room and it was incredible with the most AMAZING views in the world. Then immediately after placing our stuff in our room, of course...we head to the beach! I'm not saying the bathing suit looked good but with the amazing weather and beautiful beaches, I really didn't have a care in the world. So me and my friend decided, "Oh, well we want to get very very very tan, so lets just not put on any suntan lotion" WORST. IDEA. EVER. My chest? burned. My back? burned. My arms? Burned. My legs? Burned. My face? Surprisingly not burned...thank you makeup :) . But still, it was painful. However while laying on the beach, one of the leaders of the group let us know that our toga party was changed to that night. At that point we all started freaking out because we didn't know what to do and ran up to the reception to buy our pink, shiny togas. (and yes, boys wore pink, shiny togas too...it was very very amusing...believe me) That night, after spending 2 hours to try and get my toga to stay up without even using a safety pin, taking Ouzo shots, and going through #1 of our amazing meals...our toga party started and there was a lot of drinks, a lot of people, and a lot of music. So that pretty much means it was amazing. Later on in the night, my toga kept falling down so I decided to just leave but unfortunately I missed out on some very epic showings. I was told that there was greek dancing and plate smashing over your heads. So if you do go to Greece, stay the WHOLE time of the Toga Party. That was one mistake I made.

The next morning, me, my roommate, and one of our friends got up at 6:45am (yes, really) to go and sign up for activities because apparently it's gets very crowded and it's first come first serve. So we get there and luckily got a spot on the ATV Safari. If you have the chance to do that, you DO IT! It was the most incredible experience of my life. i know I will be talking about this for so many years to come. There were 25 of us and the leader lead us up these mountains, off-roading, through water, to all of these different locations with immaculate views. It was a six hour tour and had the most unbelievable time of my life and I wish I owned an ATV because driving it myself was insane and I loved it times infinity. When it was over, they gave us all a free Ouzo shot and then it was time to get ready for dinner. Me and my friends decided to drink before dinner and then go to dinner which, let me tell you, made dinner a millions times more tastier. After that, there was another dance, (no togas), and it was sooo much fun. I met a lot people and had a great last night.

Sunday was our last day and it was very relaxing because I just laid out in the sun and finished up my tan/burn. Whatever it was. Around 5pm we left the Pink Palace. Seriously, one of the saddest moments of my life. We arrived at the ferry and took that chilly ride over to the port where the cruise was and had to wait in the port for about an hour waiting for the cruise to arrive. Then, we got onto the cruise and I hung out with these cool people that are studying in Barcelona. The whole night we just drank and had a good time while everyone was sleeping. That was probably one of the highlights of my trip. I didn't really sleep that night but oh well. You only live once. So when we arrived at the port, we sat in the water next to the dock for 2 hours because the weather was ridiculous!! And we couldn't dock. Eventually we docked and took a lovely 7 hour instead of 4 hour bus ride because of course, it was Easter sunday. Eventually we arrived in Florence and I slept. Of course.


Most amazing trip of my life and Pink Palace will always be in my heart <3

No comments:

Post a Comment