Thursday, December 10, 2009

Via Matta

This semester, I'm taking Beginner Italian as one of my courses because next spring I will be going abroad to Italy. We were all just assigned a final project and it was to go to an Italian restaurant and experience the food, the atmosphere, and then do a presentation on it. I paired up with one of my friends and we didn't know the area well so we decided to ask my professor about a restaurant he recommended. He told us that he went to a restaurant called Via Matta in Back Bay of Boston and it was delicious. That friday, my friend and I decide to take a subway into Boston and go eat there.
Let me just say that Via Matta was the single most amazing restaurant I had ever gone to in my entire life, and I go to a lot of nice restaurants. Everything from start to finish was delicious and the staff treated us as if we were royalty. I had earlier emailed them saying that we had to come in for a project for school and I wondered if I could meet the chef. Not only did that happen, but we got two complimentary dishes and gave us permission to do what we had to, to make sure our project was completed. From the homemade ricotta appetizer to the flourless chocolate cake with vanilla gelato and caramel drizzle, I've never been so happy eating a meal before. After we ate we got to go downstairs to the kitchen where I met the pastry chef and the executive chef who were both amazing and full of energy. The pastry chef gave us more free food, at that point we were stuffed but we made sure that it went down. Before leaving, the chef told me to email him my resume and that if I wanted an internship for my semester long internship during senior year or any year, I could absolutely work there. So not only did I get free food, nice staff, and an A on my project, but I also gained an internship at one of the hottest places to eat in Boston. That night was a night that I will never forget. I was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment