Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Crumbs!!! <3

Being a sophomore in college, I am required to complete a 120 hour, 3 week internship every year for my major, which is Hospitality. Last year I interned for my aunt who has her own organic make up line as well as runs her own spa in Ohio. This year, I was planning on trying to get an internship in a small bakery of some sort since I want to own my very own cupcake shop in Italy once I graduate. About a month ago, I decided to email Crumbs, a very famous cupcake shop in NYC and see if they would accept an intern in January, thinking that nothing would come of it. I got an email a couple of weeks later from them asking for my resume and that they would consider me, I sent it and got no response, thinking I wouldn't get to work there for my internship.
However! Yesterday at 8:40PM I recieve a phone call which I didn't recognize the number and so I ignored it. I then recieved a voicemail and it was the Manager of Crumbs! She said that if I was still looking they would LOVE to take me for my internship. I felt so accomplished in a sense that, on a whim, by myself, I landed a spot at Crumbs for my internship, the one place I was dying to work. Their cupcakes are the most delicious pastry you will ever have in New York City.
Look for yourself! :)
www.crumbs.com

Well I wasn't taken by today, but I was definitely, without a doubt, Taken by (Yes)terday. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment